In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation at OpenGenus a harassment and discrimination free experience for everyone, regardless of any factor.
In this response, all our programs are open to everyone for participation and we never ask for any information from the participant which can be used to form a pre-conceived idea.
We reward our participants based on their performance.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Contributing to a project at OpenGenus like OpenGenus IQ
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Practices we, strongly, encourage:
- Contribute in a way that aligns with your personal/ intellectual goals
- Read our guides to understand common practices
- Participate in our Internship program to get in the flow and become a long term member
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate if you are not okay if it happens to you
In short, if you are engaging with a pure intention to learn and contribute, nothing can go wrong. Do not worry much.
Project maintainers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the project or its community. Examples of representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of a project may be further defined and clarified by project maintainers.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The project team will review and investigate all complaints, and will respond in a way that it deems appropriate to the circumstances. The project team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Project maintainers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the project’s leadership.
For any clarifications or suggestions, you may message our maintainers on this platform directly or get in touch by email email@example.com