Contribute and grow 🌱 with Hacktoberfest 2020

You may use this guide to make quality contributions at Hacktoberfest 2020: Hacktoberfest 2020 guide 🌱
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://iq.opengenus.org/hacktoberfest-2020/
2 Likes

I think I am interested for the contribution. But I am really sceptical about my programming skills, as well as I have to deal with a massive load of university portions right now. Can we start working on this during December or January?

2 Likes

Though Hacktoberfest is for the month of October, you can still contribute later when you are free as we will be available to help you around.

It is normal to doubt your coding skills initially but everyone has a strong area like coding shell scripts or web/ ML application and so on. As you continue to explore new domains with correct guidance, you will see your progress :palm_tree:

2 Likes

@kiao Thanks for the reply. Although, out of topic, I was wondering as to why the feedback on article is so slow? Is there a lack of project manager, or as I shall say, moderators?

I’ve submitted my article nearly a week ago, and four days later, I received a mail stating that I have to increase the size of the article. But what I have chosen, is not really that big. After some more research, I have crammed all of the remaining detailed explanation, as per the w3 spec (topic was <html> element in HTML). I am willing to write another article, if it means to compensate for the words not being filled up to 1000. My current word count in markdown is 850, and in text view, nearly around 600.

Yes, I would be interested to work as a moderator, if, in case, if time permits me.

2 Likes

Our Maintainers try to get back and review your work as soon as possible :sunny:

2 Likes