Welcome to Hacktoberfest 2021 (Cosmos)
By making 4 contributions, you can win a free t-shirt and set of stickers by DigitalOcean and get familiar with open-source. Go for it.
To get started on your journey in Hacktoberfest 2021, follow these steps:
- Register at Hacktoberfest site.
- Fork Cosmos to get a local copy as your workspace
- Learn how to make a perfect pull request (guide)
- Make a basic contribution like improving existing implementations, simple bugs (like #5891) and more to get familiar with the flow
- Make 4 quality contributions (like implementing an algorithm/ problem). You can open a new issue mentioning the contribution you plan to make and open a pull request directly.
Some lists of algorithms to help you contribute:
- List of Array problems
- List of Linked List problems
- List of Binary Tree problems
- List of Graph Algorithms
- List of Dynamic Programming problems
- List of Data Structures
Some quality contributions:
- Implement new algorithms in language of your choice (Having strong implementation skills is useful)
- Write at OpenGenus IQ on a topic you are confident in or prepare questions on a given topic (Ability to explain ideas is important)
- Write at OpenGenus IQ on a new topic in the domain you are interested in (Approaching new topics correctly is the key to invention)
- Develop features for sister projects of Cosmos (challenging but interesting)
This helps you grow intellectually and help you gain good opportunities. Search and ask our Interns how they have grown over the years.
To begin contributing, you shall get a quick overview of how Cosmos is used today. Cosmos is one of the most extensive code database and is used as:
- A datastore for various projects (such as Quark) for purposes such as offline searching
- Training ML models for applications such as identifying programming language
- Metadata for projects such as OpenGenus IQ, Falcon and several others
- Offline Learning resource by several contributors
Have a doubt or want us to review your contribution? Ask us down and we will help you.