Issue: Proposal for new module on theoretical computer science

cosmos

(Meet Taraviya) #1

(Aditya Chatterjee) #2

Hi,

Your proposal on adding implementations of algorithms in the domain of Theory of Computation is perfect. :smile:

We may keep the name of the sub-directory as theory_of_computation.
Your first pull request towards this looks good.
Surely, go for it and we will join you on this journey :bullettrain_side:

(Meet Taraviya) #3

Thank you so much! This was my first contribution to github! Should I make a new pull request with different directory name? Also, multiple commits in a single pull request should not be a problem, right?

(Aditya Chatterjee) #4

Your first open-source contribution is great :tada:

You may update the existing pull request. Yes, you may have multiple commits in a pull request :+1:

(Meet Taraviya) #5

I made changes as you said, and also added implementations for DFA minimization and NFA to DFA conversion. I am waiting for my first contribution to be merged!

(Aditya Chatterjee) #6

Your last update to your pull request deleted previous codes and hence, no change is associated with it.

The codes look good. Do fix your pull request and it will be ready to be merged :+1:

(Meet Taraviya) #7

I didn’t delete any code, but renamed the directory as you said

(Meet Taraviya) #8

Never mind, I ammended the commit

(Aditya Chatterjee) #9

I have merged your perfect pull request. Congratulations, you have made your first contribution :tada:

(Meet Taraviya) #10

Your commits won’t work. nfa.py imports dfa.py. I tried to import it from different directories, but couldn’t successfully do so. I tackled a lot of python package making jargon, but then decided it wasn’t worth it. Do change it if you know how.

(Meet Taraviya) #11

I just saw your comment # located at code/theory_of_computation/src/deterministic_finite_automaton/dfa.py. I would have preferred them in the same directory for convenience. Also, further contributions will also be difficult with this structure. I suggest if you know setting up python packages using __init__.py files, it would be the best. Other option is we can just make all code files self contained, but that would cause problems while maintaining.

(Meet Taraviya) #12

(Meet Taraviya) #13

@aditya I have added many features/models since last pull. Can you review these changes and accept the new pull request? Then I can proceed with more features/models.