(Amit Kumar Singh) #1

Cosmos Code Compiler (C3)

Project: Cosmos Code Compiler (C3)
Author: Amit Kumar Singh (@amitsin6h)
Email: amitsin6h@gmail.com
Github: @amitsin6h
Place: Ranchi, Jharkhand, India

What is C3?
So, basically C3 is Cosmos Code Compiler. An online interactive code compiler where people can search the entire algorithm present in Cosmos and can run.

What is Cosmos?
Cosmos is your personal offline collection of every algorithm and data structure one will ever encounter and use in a lifetime. This provides solutions in various languages spanning C, C++, Java, JavaScript, Swift, Python, Go and others.

Mockup of Cosmos Code Compiler (C3)

Cosmos Code Compiler (C3)

Introduction
The reason behind this project is Cosmos itself. I joined the organization (OpenGenus Foundation) on October 2017 after that I started to contribute to the Cosmos. So, I basically used to write algorithm in Python ,PHP and JS while writing the algorithm I used to comment out few lines so that the user who is using my algorithm to test how the algorithm works can easily understand with my comments made on algorithm. So when user have to use the algorithm from Cosmos they have visit the repo and look for the algorithm and then copy paste it on code compiler and then user can see how the algorithm works, I find this thing bit odd and this thing helped to see the new side of Cosmos and that time I thought of an online based code compiler for cosmos which will have a search bar to search algorithm or directory like structure to look around the algorithm and user was only required to select the algorithm and run online (Please refer to wireframe design created by me ) and this how I came up with Cosmos Code Compiler (C3). Then I shared my idea with the Āditya Chatterjee (Founder of OpenGenus Foundation) and he was very happy and also he loved it. We both also thought to take this project as GSoC 2018 Project for our Organization.

Working
Please refer to mockup of Cosmos Code Compiler (C3). So, when we look to the mockup of Cosmos Code Compiler (C3) we get the clear understanding how the project will work. Let’s dive into more detail one by one.

1. Search Bar and Directory Listing
The search bar and directory listing uses the Github api to get all the cosmos algorithm.

2. Code Compiler
The code compiler will be built in such a way that whenever any particular program gets selected from the directory or by search, it gets all the code into the code compiler box and by using the drop down we can select the programming language whichever is required to compile.

3. Contributors
This field will show all the contributors who have written the particular algorithm which has been selected for compile.

4. Readme, Output, Comment
This field will have the program output whenever any program gets compiled and run. We will also have the Readme for that particular program, suppose if author has some views towards the particular program author can write it on readme and this will be helpful for the user to understand the algorithm. Second we have comment section where user can comment regarding the particular algorithm if it does not works or has some issue, even user can also comment their views for particular algorithm.

(Aditya Chatterjee) #2

This is a high impact work. If any one wants to join, let us know. :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

We can generalized this compiler and provide it as a free API service. This will be an alternative to other cost-associated services like SphereEngine.

The possibilities are endless in this path. :aerial_tramway:

(Amit Kumar Singh) #3

yeah. we have endless possibilities with this project :grinning::heart_eyes: