Welcome to OpenGenus Foundation powered by Discourse (Say Hi ☺)

welcome
opengenus

(system) #1

OpenGenus Foundation :sunny:

We are a massive open community enabling people to work at a long stretch while offline and make research more accessible. This is the perfect and the most welcoming place on the internet to discuss algorithms, data structures, coding in general, get any advice from experts and anything else. We have a place for everyone. :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

Follow us on GitHub and Twitter

:loudspeaker: We are sponsored by GitHub, DigitalOcean and Discourse.

:tada: In short, we are making collaboration and learning better than ever.

We are driven by two main ideas :thought_balloon: :

• A person explores an insignificant part of the Internet :spider_web: in a given amount of time. We aim to build AI solutions to determine user needs based on user input to particular queries and learning past online history and build an offline version of the Internet for a period of no internet connection.

• Over 90% of the searches :mag_right: made by two consequent generations are same. We use this key idea to reduce the searching time by over 95% and increase the learning time by over 60%.

We are building the next generation unbiased real-time privacy and user-focused code search engine for everyone. We have a full team dedicated to this and you can join us too. Cosmos is our knowledge base which is the World’s largest documentation of algorithms, online challenges and data structures in our World. This is one of the highest impact work done recently and we would love to have you make a mark on this. We aim to build an offline search engine based on our knowledge base.

The Internet is wonderful and organizations are fighting to make it more accessible and better each day. Still, offline is a reality. Consider the worst case scenario of the battle of internet neutrality. We are preparing for the worst case and in turn, we aim to make the overall experience awesome.

We have several other initiatives that have been started by our beloved contributors. Join us on board and you can lead a path as well.

Ask or tell us anything. We love :heart: to meet new people :smile:

(Team) #4

Introduce yourself in a new post with the Introduction tag. We want to know you and help you better.

We look forward to enjoying with you.

(Sbouii) #5

Hi!
I’ am Mariem from Tunisia , interested in DevOps/site reliability engineering .you can take a look at my github profile, I like the idea of this foundation , let me know how can I help you .

(Aditya Chatterjee) #6

Hi Mariem, :smile:

We are glad that you are interested in our work. You do have a good set of work on GitHub. :+1:

You can be a core leader at OpenGenus. For instance, you can help us improve our contribution/ work flow at Cosmos (700+ contributors), build a tool to help users to prepare their system for an upcoming offline period, reliability at our upcoming code compiler api project and many others.You can suggest your idea as well.

I have invited you to our GitHub and Slack group as well.

(Emily Ong) #7

Hello! I am Emily from Singapore and I look forward to contributing to algorithms and search :slight_smile:
Github

(Aditya Chatterjee) #8

Hi Emily :smile:

Nice to meet you. You can take a look at Cosmos, Quark, Search engine and other projects to get started. I have added you to our Slack group so that you can get in touch with other contributors as well.
Let us know if you need any help. :+1:

(Ruchika Salwan) #9

Hi! I am Ruchika from India. First time FOSS contributor. The idea of this project is exciting, and I would love to get started in it. Github

(Arjun Mayilvaganan) #10

Hi,
I’m Arjun. Full Stack Developer from India. I completed my Bachelors last year and have done a beginner level Competitive Programming. Currently roaming the internet to help myself strengthen my Algorithms and Data Structure skills. Please let me know If I can help in any way. Thanks!

(Aditya Chatterjee) #11

Hi Ruchika, glad to have you here. You may take a look at the feature issues of the project that interests you and get started. Let us know if you need any help. :smiley:

(Aditya Chatterjee) #12

Hi Arjun, Nice to meet you. :smiley:

You must take at look at Cosmos and get started contributing to it. You will develop your algorithmic skills and at the same time, make a core impact on the OpenGenus community.

(Da5atar) #13

Introduction. Hey, I am Massamba from Senegal, West Africa.
I was hooked by the general idea and Cosmos is just a treasure trove. I am interested in Web development and the idea of one being capable to design and solve issues to new found problems.
I’d be glad to contribute to this community.

(Aditya Chatterjee) #14

Hi Massamba, welcome to our community :family_man_woman_girl_boy:
We are glad that you found Cosmos to be a treasure trove :sparkles:

(Sagar Vakkala) #15

Hey, I am Sagar from India. I am a computer vision nerd with experience on NodeJs and Android dev. I mostly work on Python with Pytorch, Tensorflow and OpenCV. I am doing my undergrad in Computer science and I find some projects of OpenGenus really captivating :smiley: Can’t wait to join this community

(Aditya Chatterjee) #16

Hi Sagar, Welcome to our community :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

We are glad to have you here. :smile:

(Uday Vig) #17

Hi! I’m Uday from India, currently pursuing BTech. I have some experience with Android Development and most of the Data Structures.

(Aditya Chatterjee) #18

Hi Uday, :smile: welcome to our community :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

(Amit Gupta) #19

Hi ! I’m Amit Gupta belongs to planet Earth living in country India. I have worked in India, England, and Japan. I’ve approx 9 years experience in Java, Spring framework, JS, SQL and other tools and technologies.

I’ve left the job last year (until I can survive) to be more involved in open source projects and research. I’ve created many open source projects like Stubmatic, Anumargak (अनुमार्गक), Fast XML Parser, Nimn (निम्न), Imglab etc. I’m currently working on Muneem (मुनीम), match-it and few more projects.

I generally focus on security, performance, abstraction, and flexibility when I code.

My aim is to build minimal profit organizations, researching new technologies, finding technical solutions of non-technical problems etc.

I’m not sure if I’m very sound in algorithm development but I can try my best to develop or support well discussed ideas or to find good solutions.

(Aditya Chatterjee) #20

Hi Amit, Welcome to our community :family_man_woman_girl_boy:
We are glad to have you with us. :smile:

(Aditya Arora) #21

Hi, Aditya here from India, I would love to contribute to Cosmos Search and the Offline Internet.

(Ologunowa Samuel) #22

I am Ologunowa Samuel form Nigeria, a passionate web developer with experience in mobile hybrid development using ionic. Its a priviledge being a member of the team,i would like to know more about how things work here,would like to improve on my skill sets and also contribute in projects.Note: I am still learning :joy: … my github account https://github.com/Samueltommzy
Thanks